How to prepare Mehandi Paste
Although these days ready made mehandi heena paste is available in the form of cones yet home made heena paste is much better
in terms of quality and if made with the right technique it gives excellent color and lasts longer. So her's the method of
making your own heena paste for mehandi designs at home.
- heena leaved (dried)
- lemon oil
- clove oil and eucalyptus oil
- sugar syrup
- tamarind paste
- plastic spoon
- plastic wrap
This recipe is for approx 3-4 cones of mehandi
i.e. 20 gms enough for 75 small mehandi pattern
- Grind the heena powder in a mixture grinder. The heena powder is ready
- Add 1/4 cup of strained lemon juice or bottled lime water.
- Lemon oil helps in bringing out a chemical reaction which releases the dye within the heena paste.
- Mixing dark tea or coffee liquid is optional after that yet we give you the procedure in case you want to try.
- Take two bags of coffee or tea powder,boil it in water until it becomes a dark liquid.
- Mix this dark liquid with the heena powder, blend well making sure that there are no lumps
- Add sugar syrup 1 parts of sugar to 5 parts of heena paste and mix well.This gives smoothness to the paste, prevents cracking and thus are a necessity for a smooth paste.
- Add the oils,eucayptus or clove. Mix well the mixture would take time to become silky. Cover the paste with a plastic wrap such that no air gaps are left in between. Keep the paste in a warm place approx 75 to 85 fahrenheit so that maximum stain can be obtained from the mixture. After 24 hours the paste would be ready if it is too thin add more heena powder or vice versa. The use of water should be avoided .